Quick update on tuberculosis from my friends and colleagues in Cape Town, South Africa. This is particularly important as the 46th Union World Conference On Lung Health is only a few weeks away. I plan to be there.
- The Minister of Health of South Africa addressed the National Assembly in Parliament recently to introduce the Barcelona Declaration, his massive TB screening campaign and his new National TB Ambassadors.
- The Minister’s speech can be viewed on the parliamentary Youtube channel. The Minister’s speech starts at: 1:04:45
- And importantly, Healthcare Workers are finally recognized as a vulnerable group: 1:18:50
- The introduction of the National TB Ambassadors: 1:21:14
- It’s terrific that TB Proof leaders Drs. Dalene von Delft and Phumeza Tisile were both selected as Ambassadors.
Thanks so much for reading. Reading/writing blog posts does take time and we all know that time is in short supply. You and I will both get much more out of this blog if it leads to discussion/dialogue. If you found this post useful and wouldn’t mind leaving a brief comment/sharing on social media, that would be great. Or if you’re shy but are willing to email me a comment that I can post anonymously, I’d appreciate it. As my posts are generally written quickly, if you find any factual errors, please do let me know. Best regards, Philip Lederer