For my son’s birthday, his grandfather cooked him a Blueberry-Couscous Cake. No sugar! The recipe is below. It was delicious.
6 cups apple juice
1 T vanilla
3 cups whole wheat couscous
1 pint blueberries
– Pick over bb’s, wash and set on paper towels to dry
– Combine apple juice, vanilla, and couscous in a large saucepan and bring to a boil.
– Cook, stirring constantly until thickened & all juice absorbed. Remove from heat.
– Gently fold the bb’s into hot mix.
– Rinse but don’t dry a 9×14 (inch) cake pan & pour the mix into it.
– Chill until set, about 2 hours.
– Cut into squares.
Thanks so much for visiting my website! Writing and reading blog posts does take time and we all know that time is in short supply. You and I will both get much more out of this blog if it leads to dialogue. If you found my post useful and wouldn’t mind leaving a brief comment or sharing on social media, I would be grateful. Or if you’re shy about Tweeting but are willing to email me a comment that I can post anonymously, that would be great. My posts are generally written quickly, so if you find any factual or grammatical errors, please do let me know. Best regards, Philip Lederer