Do you have a background in HIV/AIDS and public health? There’s a job opening in Lusaka, Zambia. Details below.
Division of Global HIV/AIDS (DGHA)
Care and Treatment Officer
Medical Officer, GP-602-14 or Commissioned Corps Equivalent
Position: Medical Officer
Grade: GP-14 or Commissioned Corps Officer Equivalent
Location: Lusaka, Zambia
Closing Date: March 16, 2016
USAJobs Announcement Numbers:
Medical Officer, GS-0602-14
HHS-CDC-OM-15-1479188 – MP (internal)
HHS-CDC-OD-15-1479278 – DH (external)
The Center for Global Health, Division of Global HIV/AIDS (DGHA), CDC Zambia seeks a qualified and motivated candidate to join the team as a CDC full-time employee. The incumbent, as a member of the Prevention, Care and Treatment Team, will work closely with senior, technical and clinical Ministry of Health and Social Services (MoHSS) officials at the national, regional and sub-regional levels, other USG agencies, Global Fund and its partners, multilateral, international, and nongovernmental organizations to support: a) development of implementation plan(s) for new HIV care and treatment initiatives and HIV/TB, including new guidelines; b) evaluation of implementation of new initiatives to inform scale up nationally; and c) collaboration with stakeholders engaged in HIV/AIDS care and treatment and HIV/TB programs to implement evidence-based HIV care and treatment and TB/HIV strategies to achieve national HIV and TB targets for epidemic control.
- Work closely with senior, technical, and clinical MoHSS staff, implementing partners, and the PEPFAR country office and follow closely all programs under his/her purview to assure that the specific objectives are achieved and/or appropriate remedial activities are instituted.
- Liaison with the Strategic Information Team/Advisors to develops program evaluation strategies, methodologies, and indicators for monitoring HIV/AIDS care and treatment and TB/HIV programs in accordance with standard guidelines and protocols.
- Support strengthening and/or development of appropriate data management systems to monitor health objectives and indicators for HIV/AIDS care and treatment programs are in place.
- Monitor implementation activities and collaborate with each partner organization on a regular basis to ensure program results are achieved and all programmatic activities and study protocols meet human subject requirements and pass through ethical review with the appropriate agency authority.
- Provide advice and recommendations to the Country Director in interpreting data on health objectives and indicators related to HIV/AIDS care and treatment and TB/HIV programs.
- Is a regional and international expert on matters pertaining to HIV/AIDS care and treatment and TB/HIV and represents CDC Zambia at technical, policy, and strategic planning meetings, including meetings with collaborators and donor agencies.
- Provide technical direction for proposals that result in a grant, contract and/or cooperative agreement for care and treatment and TB/HIV programs.
- Participate in monitoring visits including review of program implementation activities and quality of service delivery, and support continuous quality improvement efforts to address issues identified and strengthen quality management programs to ensure sustained quality of service delivery.
- Provide technical advice and direction to grantees, program collaborators, and contractors on management and implementation of grants, contracts and/or cooperative agreements to ensure consistency with PEPFAR policies and host country policies and regulations. Participate with partners in the development of work plans for implementation of activities following grants/contracts/cooperative agreement awards.
HOW TO APPLY: Visit http://www.usajobs.gov website.
Please apply by March 16, 2016 to be considered for this position and select Zambia as the country of interest.
For difficulties with the website please contact Human Resources Customer Service Center:
HR Customer Service
Department of Health and Human Services-CDC
4770 Buford Highway
Atlanta, Georgia 30341 (USA)
Work Phone: 770-488-1725
Fax Number: 770-488-1979