french freedom fighters press for the rights of parisian rats
rodents, overrunning the city of light, have their defenders; ‘rat-prochement’
vive la resistance!
“we really need to find a balance to live together.” – claudine duperret
and now, a comedic front-page article in the wall street journal, regarding the 4 million rats overrunning paris, and their “defenders,” people who are trying to save the lives of the rats.
my perspective is that these rats can carry infectious diseases that can make people sick, including:
- rat-bite fever, caused by Streptobacillus moniliformis and Spirillum minus
- bubonic plague, caused by Yersinia pestis
- murine typhus, caused by Rickettsia typhi
- flea-borne spotted fever, caused by Rickettsia felis
- eosinophilic meningitis, caused by Angiostrongylus cantonensis
needless to say, most people don’t realize the risks rats place to their health
what do you think?
dr. phil lederer
If you found this post useful, please continue the discussion. go to “leave a reply” at the bottom of this page. thanks!